If the installation of VirtueMart version 1.1.3 for Joomla! 1.5.10 fails, a manual installation is needed. The error message says that some critical components of VirtueMart are missing.
In addition to the following instructions, read the VirtueMart installation manual.
- Download the VirtueMart Manual Installation package for Joomla! 1.5 from VirtueMart website.
- Unzip the contents of the archive to a folder.
- Upload the subfolders and contents using ftp to the web server running Joomla! according to instructions in the VirtueMart installation manual.
- Use a ftp program or login using a shell to change permissions of the catalog administrator/components/com_virtuemart to 777.
- Change the permssions of the file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg-dist.php to 666.
- Go to http://www.yoursite.tld/administrator/index2.php?option=com_virtuemart and perform database installation according to instructions in the VirtueMart installation manual.
- Follow the VirtueMart installation manual for the rest of the installation process.